NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Installation fails on Mac OS X Panther, with PHP 4.3.3

I am trying to compile and install DBG on OS X 10.3. It uses the GCC 3.3 compiler, and I have php 4.3.3 installed.

I have had to correct the phpize script to point toward glibtoolize, adn then it generates the makefile and carries on running, but promptly stops saying:

Code:
/bin/sh /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -I. -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/include -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/main -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src -I/usr/local/php/include/php -I/usr/local/php/include/php/main -I/usr/local/php/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/php/include/php/TSRM  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -g -O2  -prefer-pic -c /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/dbg.c -o dbg.lo
mkdir .libs
 gcc -I. -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/include -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/main -I/Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src -I/usr/local/php/include/php -I/usr/local/php/include/php/main -I/usr/local/php/include/php/Zend -I/usr/local/php/include/php/TSRM -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -O2 -c /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/dbg.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/dbg.o
In file included from /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/dbg_net.h:23,
                 from /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/php_dbg.h:37,
                 from /Users/jkp/Desktop/dbg-2.11.23-src/dbg.c:21:
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:79: error: conflicting types for `socklen_t'
/usr/local/php/include/php/main/php.h:141: error: previous declaration of `socklen_t'
make: *** [dbg.lo] Error 1

Any clues? BTW: I cannot use the build file that dwstevens posted as it is for an older system and I have tried it. It fails too.

Thanks in advance.
Site Admin

You got conflict between
/usr/include/sys/socket.h
and
/usr/local/php/include/php/main/php.h
Seems DBG is not involved Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

any ideas how i go about sorting it out?

I still cant install on Panther. Can somebody post a binary perhaps, or some more detailed instructions about compiling for OS X?

I really want to be able to use this bit of kit!

Thanks in advance....
Site Admin

NuSphere started providing DBG modules for MAC OS X 10.x and SunOS 5.6

Please wait for update on http://www.nusphere.com/cgi-bin/nsp.cgi/custsrvc/utils/customer_patches.htm
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Great!

thanks for the quick response. Is that a recent thing? Have you any idea when I can expect to see a binary availibe?

thanks for your help....
Site Admin

if you are NuSphere customer you can get it right now. See the link I posted here.

Yet, have no idea what the problem was in your case, I didn't encounter anything wrong when compiled under MAC OS X 10.3, then checked under 10.2.

Thanks dimitri.

I have found the download link now. Have registered and am waiting for the passwoed to arrive...I might finally get to use the modules soon!

cheers

OK...

so i cant just register to get that file. Is there any way you could send it to me via email, as the DBG side is open source anyway? I am very very keen to use it so I really hope the answer is yes!

Thanks in advance...
Installation fails on Mac OS X Panther, with PHP 4.3.3