NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
FTP Problem cannot list directory contents (resolved)

i'm running the evaluation version of PhpED and I cannot get PhpED to connect to my production server to open a file via FTP. PhpED will connect fine, but it doesnt list any directories. I've tried every combination I can think of in the "Initial Directory" setting from blank to a full path from the server root.

I know the connection information and permissions are correct, because i can log in fine using other FTP clients. I dont see anything in the FTP logs other than PhpED connecting to the server. I can even connect to my dev machines ftp fine. I just can not list an directories on my production server running W2K the IIS FTP Server. I right click on the FTP account and hit refresh and it will connect, but not list any directores.

Any ideas?
Site Admin

I'm not sure what might cause the problem. Please log in using ftp.exe console, list the files and send me screenshot or text output you get from it.
As a possible way, please try to switch IIS to UNIX directory listing style. It may help.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

ddmitrie

I sent you a screen capture. I also tried switching the IIS directory listing style to UNIX from MS-Dos, with no avail. it doesnt make a difference.

Thanks for the hlep.
Site Admin

Please send me screenshots for both UNIX and DOS(Windows) styles.
What you sent me does not conform any of the two ways.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

figured it out. i had my ftp root outside my server root.

Thanks ddmitrie
FTP Problem cannot list directory contents (resolved)