NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
External class files and code completion

Will phpEd or does phpEd list properties (code completion) and member methdods of classes that are included via include() include_once() require() require_once() statements. We need all our classes in external files. Would be the most handy thing if I did not have to switch to the external class file and then use the code explorer to see what methods and properties are available to me.
Site Admin

phped lists classes, functions, variables etc in all the files in your project. Depending on the mode, code explorer can show you a) currently opened (active file), b) all the project files in plain list c) all the project files in a tree (depending on directory files located in).
Normally you should point your project root directory to apache htdocs (or appropriate web root directory if you work with other web servers), so you get all the files shown in the code explorer. If you have some files located out-of-the-web, you can list their directories in Include Path project setting. Such files won't be shown in the code explorer, but will be taken for Code Completion drop down and hints.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I dont think I have made myself clear sorry. Want I ment was the auto completion list that is displayed automaticlly when type or activated with Ctrl-Space does not left objects members and properties with the class file for the object is included. For example.

<?php

include("myclass.class.php");

$oMyObject = new myclass();

$oMyObject->[code completion list here]

?>

So does the code completion list the methods and properties of the oMyObject object. It does list them when you use the $this keyword from
within the class file itself but not from a file including the class file.
Site Admin

Quote:
So does the code completion list the methods and properties of the oMyObject object

yes it does if a) myclass.class.php file in the current project or b) directory of myclass.class.php is listed in Include Path setting of current project or c) myclass.class.php is currently opened in the editor.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
External class files and code completion