NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DB Client with empty names databases and tables, *solved*

I just bought PHPEd after using an evaluation version for some 20 days.

After upgrading (to version 3.3.3 Build 3397) I am having troubles with the DB Client. The client returns the correct number of databases, but they appear to have no names. When the databases are opened the tables does not have names either. Using MySQL Administrator to get the same information I get both names of databases and table-names.

I have restartet the database daemon, restarted PHPEd and also restarted the computer. Same problem. I even removed the database-connection in question. Same problem.

When installing PHPEd I think I did so without shutting down the database daemon (for the record MySQL 4.0.23-debug).

Code edited in PHPEd with the database connection runs ok. Pages with database queries are running completely ok.

When trying to use the DB-Form wizard the drop-down boxes for selecting database and tables appear empty.

Anybody with similar problems? Solutions?
Site Admin

It's known issue with this build and it will be replaced in 1-2 days.
Thanks for your patience.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

How will Nusphere notify me of such "build updates"? Should I expect an email or will it be posted at a regular place on the nusphere.com website?
Site Admin

If you're a customer, you'll be notified by email.
If not, you may look for news posted at this forum board.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Beware before uninstalling 3.3.3

I received an email to uninstall my PHPED 3.3.3 and install the update from the NuSphere website. Unfortunately, I didn't verify that the update is available on the website before uninstalling. If it is on the website, I can't find it! I have tried to reach NuSpere by emailing and calling, but no response as yet.

It doesen't really say on their website which version they are deploying. The build number will not change, so for us customers it is a bit difficult to keep track of the different versions...

I received my update email with information on how to download it:

Quote:
In the last build of PhpED 3.3.3 (build 3397) a critical bug in DB client was found. If you want to download the updated version of this build, please visit this page http://shop.nusphere.com/customer/personal.php?mode=current (you will be asked to log in).

It's vital to update the license file, too. Please save the attached *.lic file into the PhpED directory and select YES when you're warned that you're replacing the *.lic file.

To make sure you run correct PhpED 3.3.3 version, you might want to check md5sum, which should be
a3882a3de62b69bcf1d384ee61b71431

Also, 3.3.3 (build 3397) version n(latest) supposed to fix the problem indicated by my initial mail in this thread, is only a partial fix.

I sometimes go for the easy solutions, so I actually intended to use the DB Form Wizard for some simpler in/out stuff Embarassed . Even though the DB client were fixed, the same problem seems to be around in the DB Form Wizard. So we will just have to wait around for 3.3.3 (build 3397) version n+1.

ddmitrie wrote:
It's known issue with this build and it will be replaced in 1-2 days.
Thanks for your patience.

I just downloaded the demo and it has this problem.

I have to say that except for the DB client problems PHPEd is a very good tool. I have been using it for a month now, 14 days on the demo-version, and then I bought the program. I am very pleased, but really hope they will fix the afore mentioned problem.
Site Admin

http://forum.nusphere.com/sshot/DBWizard.zip contains renewed DbWizard.dll.
Both commerical and evaluation packages are renewed too.
DB Client with empty names databases and tables, *solved*