NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Code highlight and Auto code completion for Wordpress Dev.

I am using Nusphere PHPED for Wordpress PHP development. I am facing some problem while using wordpress classes and functions. This IDE does not show the following features for wordpress classes and functions. Is there any way to integrate these feature into NUSphere PhPED???

I'm looking for some of the feature's: (specific to wordpress)

* Code highlight
* Auto code completion
Guru master

PhpED certainly does support both those features, with any PHP site. Unlike some IDE's PhpED does not support framework specific features and I think that is a deliberate decision by the developers. I quite happily develop Wordpress, Drupal, Magento, CodeIgniter, etc. with PhpED.

There are a couple of highlighting mechanisms. Auto-highlight is for HTML elements, PHP variables, classes, etc. and is in the View menu and also in the vertical list of editor icons but not so obvious there. Dynamic highlighting is for highlighting the code block where the cursor is positioned is good for mixed HTML/JavaScript/PHP/CSS files. That can be turned on/off in Settings > Edtor Settings. Whilst in the settings you will also see Autohighlight again and Show matched brackets.

Do you have Code Completion enabled? If you have a specific example where Code Completion is not working, then please indicate what version of PhpED you are using (including the build number) and more details.

PhpED is a product full of 'hidden' features. It is a good idea to have a look through all of the settings, icons, etc. to see what they do. I do that every so often, particularly after an update, and often find new things.

I am using PHPED version 8.0. Code highlight and Auto code completion are working finely for HTML/JavaScript/PHP/CSS files and others. But these are not working for wordpress built-in functions and classes. Is there any way to add list of wordpress function and classes to the list of phped?
Guru master

PhpED should pickup the WordPress functions and classes automatically as it scans the site. Do you have an example of a function that is not being picked up? I will check a site to see if it works for me.

Also, what build of PhpED are you using because I seem to remember one of the early 8.0's had an issue with code completion.
Code highlight and Auto code completion for Wordpress Dev.