NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Cannot upload files

I'm having trouble with the upload feature in the workspace tab.

I have one workspace with several projects in it. I can upload the files in one project, but none of the other projects work using either the right click menu or ctrl+shift+s. I've tested the connections using the explorer tab and it logs on and positions on the correct folder with no problem.

Could anyone suggest how I could get this working, please?

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
but none of the other projects work

Could your report be accompanied with some more info such as error message(s) given, screenshots etc?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Cannot upload files

There are no error messages - it just does nothing. Also, I'm not sure what more information I can include as I've said everything that it does.

To restate it, though:

- I have the workspace and explorer tabs open.
- I have one workspace with several projects e.g. project1, project2, project3 etc.
- I've set up an account for each project as their files need to be uploaded to different locations.
- When I access the upload locations via the explorer tab for each project (which I assume uses the same account upload details as the workspace tab), it logs on and positions to the correct folder in the top half of the tab and the first level of files and folders are shown in the bottom half i.e. no problem with the account upload details.
- However, when I try to upload a file via the workspace tab (by either selecting 'upload file' from the right-click menu or by using ctrl+shift+s), nothing happens i.e. no lines for the file appear in the transfers tab and when I use another FTP program, the date of the file has not changed either.
- To confuse things even more, the uploads work for project1 in the workspace tab, but this problem occurs for project2, project3 etc. even regardless of whether the project is activated or not.

I hope this helps a bit more. If not, please tell me what sort of information you would need.

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Please tell me if the projects share the same directories, in other words their trees are partially or fully overlapped. For example c:\myproj\proj1 for proj1 and c:\myproj\proj1\subproj2 for proj2, or even the same directories.
Also please change the order of projects in the Workspace tab making non-operating projects on top and tell me if it affects the ability to publish files.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Cannot upload files

The folder structure of the projects on my development computer is:

..path../project1
..path../project2
..path../project3
... etc.

and the folder structure on the live machine (i.e. where the files are ftp'd to) is:

project1 - /
project2 - /project2
project3 - /project3
... etc.

Not sure what you mean by 'non-operating projects'. All these projects are currently active and being worked on simultaneously, so I'm constantly changing the active project between them all.

Debbie
Site Admin

if you right click on a project, you'll see Move Up and Move Down in the popup. By using them you may change the order of the project.
PLEASE try to move project2 on to the top of the list and let me know if it helps.
Cannot upload files

Oh, so that's what they're for. Smile Does this mean there's a dependency between projects in a workspace. If so, could you explain, please?

Anyway, nope, that didn't work. There's still no line appearing in the transfers tab.

Debbie
Site Admin

not exactly Smile
Anyway, please contact support through Contact Us page:
http://shop.nusphere.com/contact_us/index.php
I have never heard of any problems with multiple projects in one workspace, when each one has its own publishing account.
I think there is a problem with project's configuration.
Cannot upload files

OK, but what should I tell them and what could they do for me that you can't?
Site Admin

this forum does not let you attach files/screenshots etc.
But if you can post the screenshots on your web, you can put there linked images and we may proceed there.

What needed is below:
-screenshot of projects properties (one for working project and one for non working)
-screenshot of account settings (one for working project and one for non working).
-steps to replicate the problem
Cannot upload files