NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic

I'm running FileZilla FTP server by the way. This is log output when the inital directory field is left empty:

Code:
27/10/2004 12:43:49 - johng (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 215 UNIX emulated by FileZilla
27/10/2004 12:43:49 - johng (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> PWD
27/10/2004 12:43:49 - johng (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 257 "/C:/Inetpub" is current directory.
27/10/2004 12:43:50 - johng (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> CWD /
27/10/2004 12:43:50 - johng (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx)> 550 CWD failed. "C:/": Permission denied.

It looks like the "CWD /" command is causing the problems. I wonder if the FileZilla FTP server is behaving differently to how PHPEd expects it to behave (I would have thought that 'CWD /' would simply change to the FTP user's designated home directory).

HOWEVER, I am using exactly the same FTP details (address/account) using a dedicated FTP client and this will connect to my server correctly, so perhaps it is something fixable within PHPEd?

I've not even tried to publish a file from within a project yet, this shouldnt be a problem once PHPEd is able to connect though, I've successfully published from other projects (connecting to different servers to this one).

cheers
Site Admin

Now it's clear.
Your server is wrongly configured.
In responce to PWD it returned "/C:/Inetpub"
which is NOT a good FTP directory.
Well formed ftp directory can never contain spaces, semicolons, colons and many other symbols.
Also, should be known that PHPED shows FTP directories in a tree and because of that it starts from the root and shows everything below. So it needs access to the root. On the other hand, why don't you make C:\Intepub the root in the FTP server settings ?

Last edited by dmitri on Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Ah hah!

I've checked an option in FileZilla server setup to show relative paths and now the server is behaving as it should and PHPEd connects! Laughing

Thanks for your help ddmitrie, and thanks for changing the title of the thread from IIS to FileZilla, I spotted that one too Cool

John
Can't FTP to FileZilla ftp server