NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Accessing existing CVS

I've downloaded 30 day evaluation.

Can I browse an existing CVS repository with phpEd, as in Eclipse.
(Repository's created and available under CVSNT on XP)
I am able to browse repository using Eclipse with latest CVSNT build.

Also, how do you checkout files from existing CVSNT repository into the phpEd project? (eg. with repository containing the file classes/database.php, how does one checkout the file into a new phpEd project?)
Site Admin

Create a project, specify its root directory and make sure Source Control input is set to CVS. Then on the CVS tab you have to enter credentials and select CVS protocol to use.
Then on the Workspace window, right click on files, folders or project itself to run CVS commands.
If you need more CVS commands here or want to change command line arguments, please inspect Tools->Settings->Customization. All CVS related commands are in CVS node.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I'd already verified that I can access the CVS repository, so the source control tab, credentials, etc. are working. I can add/commit a folder, a project, source files, all new with phpEd.

The question was and still is: given an existing repository not created with phpEd, how do I create a new phpEd project and add files into that project from the repository. Is this possible?

I assume from your customization suggestion that repository browsing is not supported out of the box with phpEd, and I'd have to figure out myself how to make it work, if it can be done at all.
Site Admin

Code:
The question was and still is: given an existing repository not created with phpEd, how do I create a new phpEd project and add files into that project from the repository. Is this possible?

You can create a project, fill its properties including project root directory.
At this point it is empty.
Then run Checkout on the project and get all sources there.
With PHPED you don't need to add files to projects. Whatsoever below project's root directory belongs to it.

Quote:
I assume from your customization suggestion that repository browsing is not supported out of the box with phpEd, and I'd have to figure out myself how to make it work, if it can be done at all.

Correct.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Accessing existing CVS