NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"Failed to connect" using debugger from VirtualBox

Hi,

My development code is located on my Ubuntu VirtualBox host, and I have PHPed running in a Windows XP guest on the same machine. I have the debugger installed on the host, but I'm getting the following error:
Quote:
Reason: failed to connect to the client at 127.0.0.1:7869, please make sure that IDE is running

I'm a bit lost. The VMs run on their own virtual network (10.0.x.x), and the host is 10.0.2.2 - the IP I've inserted against local.mywebserver, which PHPed is pulling up correctly - so I'm not sure why the debugger is reporting that it's failed to connect to 127.0.0.1 instead of 10.0.2.15 (the VM's IP address). I really need to get this working, as I'm trying to debug the world's most irritating and obscure redirect bug, and I'm not going to be able to do it without PHPed's debugger.

Halp? :/

Ben.

Edit @ 2009-10-20 T 16:37: I'm now trying it with SSH tunnelling enabled, and I'm getting this error:
Quote:
Reason: debugger module is called from an incompatible client software. Debugger module installed on the server is of version 3.6.4. It can work with client of the same version (3.6) only. Please check version of DbgListener on the taskbar and update debugger module on the server accordingly.

Similarly stumped as to how to get around it. Sad

Further edit @ 2009-10-20 T 16:50: Just noticed this appearing in my tunnel window:
Quote:
connect_to localhost port 7869: failed.

So, the tunnel's not working. Can't find anyone else who's had this error, though. :/
Site Admin

you may want to read this post first
http://forum.nusphere.com/dbg-not-working-with-ssh-tunnel-t6544.html
then check project settings with Project Settings Wizard