NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Sticky tabs

Hello,

I have this problem - a lot of files can be opened during
debugging code (stepping to the framework sources).
When I finish debug session, I have IDE where too many not needed tabs
are open (and more - I am editng page xy.php, then debugging, and then I am on some "random"
page and have to search for my xy.php file). This annoys me quite a lot.

Simple solution would be the ability to mark some source tabs as "sticky" and to add new
function - "Close all not sticky tabs". Then I can simply mark pages I am working on as "sticky",
run debugger (lots of new tabs can be open), finish debugging, press shortcut, and all tabs except
my marked sticky tabs are closed.

Sticky tabs could be visually differentiated from other tabs by colors or anything (i do not care really)

Thanks for hearing me, I have tried at least... Wink

Bye
Guru master

Perhaps an option to "close all files opened by the debugger" after a session is complete would be less effort?
Althought sticky or protected tabs can be handy too sometimes Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Blizz wrote:
Perhaps an option to "close all files opened by the debugger" after a session is complete would be less effort?
Althought sticky or protected tabs can be handy too sometimes Smile

Ok, can be. I think protected/sticky tabs is easier to develop, but both would solve the problem.

Okey, thanks for reaction, Nusphere.

So what about at least a keyboard shortcut for "Close all but this" (this function already exists).

Thanks
Site Admin

why not? just do it.

dmitri wrote:
why not? just do it.

Well, how can I do such a miraculous thing? Smile)) I double checked settings (Editor Shortcuts, IDE Shortcuts) and guess what - I was not able to find it. But still there is a chance that it is in there - can you help me? Thanks...

sirjarda wrote:
dmitri wrote:
why not? just do it.

Well, how can I do such a miraculous thing? Smile)) I double checked settings (Editor Shortcuts, IDE Shortcuts) and guess what - I was not able to find it. But still there is a chance that it is in there - can you help me? Thanks...

Dmitri, please, can you suggest?
Site Admin

sorry, I was under impression that all commands are bindable to shortcuts. Seems Close All But This is an exception. I think it should be fixed in the next version.

dmitri wrote:
sorry, I was under impression that all commands are bindable to shortcuts. Seems Close All But This is an exception. I think it should be fixed in the next version.

Dmitri, thank you, couple of revisions have been released since February, is it possible to implement this missing shortcut?
Thank you!!!
Sticky tabs