NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Synchronize feature

Hi, I'm missing a feature to replicate an exact copy of the project with its FTP servers. The Smart Sync feature doesn't care if files are deleted from the source and still leave those files in the target folders. Maybe the Smart sync should compare source and target and notify when a file is missing either at target or source and ask you how to deal with it?
FTP Delete non matching files on Remote.

Hi Nusphere team,

I'm also really missing the ability to check a box to have the smart sync feature (and normal ftp) *delete remote files not found in local directory* type option.

This was the one thing that I had when I used Dreamweaver in the old days, that I sorely miss with the PhpEd editor -- means I'm constantly removing files manually from the server-side, which is rather error prone and time consuming (and can be the source of no fun to track down bugs).

Would be a big plus for my work-flow if this was added.
Very Happy

Cheers,
-Chris

*delete remote files not found in local directory*

This option required very often!!!

Agreed. I've just been having this exact conversation with support.

I have had major problems this week with a colleague refactoring code. When I check out the project to my remote test server and sync to my work machine, the files that have been deleted from the SVN are not removed from my machine by the sync. This means when I upload my work and check in the project I re-introduce old redundant files to the repository.

Even if I change my work method and checkout the svn on my local machine I still need to be able to sync them to the test server while I'm doing my work. PhpIDE is supposed to allow me to work with a remote testing server afterall.

I appreciate that this is an IDE, not a version control system, but I would still like a sync button that does actually sync! Smile
Synchronize feature