NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Function name highlight other than normal text!

Hi there,
I just download PhpEd yesterday for test after a friend of mine recommended it, and I found it great.
only one thing that bothering me about which is the color of function name is the same as normal text color. (I mean by normal text the text which is not allowed to be written inside:< ? php ? > with out quote signs)
maybe a lot of you don't find that a big deal but I got sued to the color of the text color different from the functions name's.
I usually use gray color for the normal text so I can recognize that I'm missing something as long as the color is gray.
I went to tools -> settings -> syntax color and I only found I can only set the color for text, and there is nothing about functions names. and I found that the text contains functions names.

is there a way to highlight the function names separated and make it has its own color and decoration?
if yes, then what is it?
if not, will you do that in a future release?

thanks Smile
-XO
Guru master

The user-defined functions are indeed considered normal text and thus follow those rules. I've asked myself why on numerous occasions as well, but that's the way it is implemented Smile
What you can do for functions you use a lot is define a "reserved word" and give the Set a custom color, but that's too much work for all functions...
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Yes, that what I thought.
I think I can live with that.
thanks Blizz Smile
Function name highlight other than normal text!