NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Use SFTP as a root folder??

Hi,

I like phpED so far but...

When I create a new project, is there a way to use a remote folder as the root folder for the project? All of my files reside on a remote server that I have SFTP access to. I would rather not craete a local copy. (I could do this in Zend)

Thanks

M
Site Admin

Yes it's possible in PhpED. You can setup your project with remote web site and have it working without any local copies of the files. Just open the files directly from SFTP account and run them in the debugger.

Another option, if the idea of having a local copy that is immediately uploaded doesn't bother you:

I have rebound the ctrl+s save shortcut to actually be "upload", which works twofold. It first saves it to my system, and then immediately uploads the file afterwards. I really prefer this way, as it leaves a local "Backup" and "cache" in a sense to work from, so that you don't have the interface lag that comes with editing a remote file. And you have the benefits of your file changes being instantly uploaded, as if you were working remotely.
Use SFTP as a root folder??