NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Dbg mapping error: Erroneous file not found error

The debugger has been working fine for me for a few weeks, now I'm starting to get an odd error.

In phped, when a debugging session is started, I get the following error:

Code:
Dbg mapping: File "D:\MyWebRoot\noname1.php" is not found. Check mapping settings for the project

The weird thing is, that "noname1.php" file is a file that I had peviously created and then deleted. So the error is correct in that the file is non-existing. The prolem is that there are no references to this file anywhere in any of my code!

I've done a full-text search of all of the files in my web root, all of the PHPEd program files directory and my php directory and I can't find any references to this file. I've tried restarting my PC, restarting Apache, etc, etc. And the error keeps coming up.

So, I tried just putting a dummy file named noname1.php in the webroot, and then the problem goes away - for that file. BUT, I get the same error message for ANOTHER file that I have previously deleted but that is NOT referenced anywhere! If I delete the file again, the error comes back.

It seems to me like the reference to these files is being cached somewhere??

Oh and also the debugging continued normally after that error, but it happens again everytime a new debug session starts.

Rolling Eyes

Well as I was typing that I realized what the problem might be.

Sure enough, I had breakpoints set in those files before deleting them and those breakpoints did not get cleared out of PHPed when I deleted the files. Not sure if I'd call that a bug or not, but at least now I know Idea

I just tried to use PhpEd 5.5 for the first time and hit my head against the same bug.

First I created a trivial "Hello world" project, with a hello.php, set a breakpoint and worked with the builtin web server. That worked fine.

Then I deleted my "hello world" project in PhpEd, physically removed the hello.php file and project directory from the file system, and I started a new project in 3rd party web server mode (Apache on a separate Linux server). After configuring the project, installing dbg on the server etc. debugging seemed to work fine, except PhpEd sometimes raised the "failed to map" error about the file I was debugging in my "hello world" project. It seems the breakpoint of the deleted file is still stored in my workspaces's .dsk file and this is causing the error.

It was not at all obvious what was causing this, and it's also not very clear how to fix it. I can't seem to find a "Clear all breakpoints" in PhpEd.

I fixed it by removing the breakpoint from the .dsk file in a text editor.
Dbg mapping error: Erroneous file not found error