NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] Please help with Paths / mapping

Guys,

I am very new to PHP debugging. I got it set up at home last night with no problems. Now that I installed it at work today, it is nothing BUT problems!

I am sure it is a very simple mistake and I am dense to spot it.

My Setup:
Client workstation where PhpED is installed (and debugger executed):
- Windows XP

Server where all files are stored, debugger extension installed, and webhost:
- Windows 2000
- IIS
- PHP 5.2.5

Since this is a dev server only, I have shared c:\inetpub\wwwroot AS WebRoot (\\server\WebRoot)

In phpinfo() I can see that the debugger module is loaded.

Using the telnet test, I telnet from the server to the client. When this happens a black dot appears on the client side debugger icon in task tray.

Here are my settings and the error message, a picture is worth a thousand words. Can anyone point out my mistake?

I have tried different variants with the Remote Root Directory:
- C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tony\framework2\
- C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\
- \\kelly\c$\inetpub\wwwroot\
- \\kelly\c$\inetpub\wwwroot\tony\framework2\
- \\kelly\WebRoot\
- \\kelly\WebRoot\tony\framework2\

Well, since I didnt get any hits on this subject, I ended up figuring it out myself. If the next guy has the same trouble, hopefully this solution will save you a little time.

The first steps I took were to restart PhpED. Once I did that, I began getting debug session errors. Something about I didnt have permission to connect. (Is this a bug in PhpED? Why would simply restarting the program report a different error?)

The client (192.168.0.11) is running PhpED and the Server (192.168.0.10 runs IIS5 with the debugger installed. On the server, I verified in the php.ini that I allowed 192.160.0.11 to connect. Didnt make any difference. I then deleted the debugger.hosts_deny property and I am now able to connect and debug.

My php.ini settings look like the following:

[debugger]
debugger.hosts_allow= 192.168.0.11 localhost
debugger.hosts_deny=
debugger.ports=7869, 10000/16

It may not be the best and/or correct solution, but I can debug now and am happy.
Site Admin

Quote:
I have tried different variants with the Remote Root Directory

Don't try to guess. Try to read the manual.
Remote root is always a directory how it's seen from the web server perspectives, not how IDE would see it.
In case if project root corresponds to the web server root directory, remote root == Apache's htdocs.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
I have tried different variants with the Remote Root Directory

Don't try to guess. Try to read the manual.
Remote root is always a directory how it's seen from the web server perspectives, not how IDE would see it.
In case if project root corresponds to the web server root directory, remote root == Apache's htdocs.

Dmitri,

Thanks for the reply, but I found that it was not a Remote Root problem after all. It has to do with the "debugger.hosts_deny" entry in the php.ini. Being new to PHP debugging, I didnt suspect it was a problem with the debugger settings, but more that I was a bonehead and couldnt configure PhpED correctly. (Good news is, I'm not a bonehead afterall <atleast not about this>)

Any comments on why I need to remove the "debugger.hosts_deny" property to connect to the debugger?

Php 5.2.5 is installed on a windows 2000 server computer running IIS 5 and installed as an isapi module. The IP of that machine is x.x.x.10.

My client is x.x.x.11 and cannot connect connect to the debugger, even with the client ip set in the debugger.hosts_allow entry in the php.ini. I remove the "debugger.hosts_deny" entry and my client can connect.
[resolved] Please help with Paths / mapping