NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Reindent

I am a longtime vim user. Vim has a script extension to reindent a file or a block of text. Searching the Forums and FAQ section I do not see this option for PHPED-it also looks like PHPED can't reindent at all. Does this not exist?

I'm working on some code that has really bad indentation and multiple indentation styles. I'd like to uniform it. My current process is

OUDENT the code
INDENT the code

its very time consuming. Is there a way to select a block of code to automatically reindent to make it proper? I'm starting to get use to PHPEd its a great program, but the ability to not fix the look of code is killing me.

And what about PolyStyle, included in PHPEd?

PolyStyle is a heavy weight code beautifier that messes with other formatting.

What he wants EXACTLY, and what I want is an "indent code" that Zend Studio Client 5.5 had on the right click context menu.

It doesn't touch any other aspect of the code format, it just does the indentation where appropriate.

Now Zend have scrapped that in favor of a heavy weight code formatter like every other editor, idiots.

Quote:
PolyStyle is a heavy weight code beautifier that messes with other formatting.

The purchased version of PolyStyle has extensive code formatting control. The lite version that comes with PhpED showed the price as $80, but the web site has it listed for $30.
Reindent