NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Search dialog enhancement

It's several minor enhancements, but it sort of frustrates me (but this is the only thing on PhpED which frustrates me ;)

1) If a single line text is selected then it is proposed as 'Text to find' and Scope is set to Global (cause it doesn't make much sense to search for something in that particular something does it) (that is current behavior)
2) If a multiline text is selected then last search is kept as 'Text to find' and Scope should be set to Selected text.
3) If nothing is selected the Scope control is disabled (quite logically, since no text is selected there is no option)

This is something which shouldn't interfere with existing PhpED behavior, since PhpED doesn't search for multiline text anyway - that is - if i select a multiline text i can't use the whole selection as 'Text to find' anyway. It should be pretty safe to assume that i did select some text in which i want to search (cause i can't search for it, so there is no option). And if that is the case - it doesn't make much sense to use the first line of selected text as 'Text to find'. If you like to test this behavior in action you can try it in Pspad Editor (http://www.pspad.com/), also Delphi or VS behave similary.

Regards,
Ondrej
Site Admin

Quote:
since PhpED doesn't search for multiline text anyway - that is - if i select a multiline text i can't use the whole selection as 'Text to find' anyway

anyway?