NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] PEAR Installation

I'm sorry, but I don't just get it. Call me Stupid.

require_once("Mail.php");
require_once("DB.php");

Both lines throw errors. I've tried running the go-pear.bat file in both the php and php5 directories. It seemed to work both times.

My php5/php.ini file has the following:

include_path = ".;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php5\..\include_lib;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php5\PEAR"

My php/php.ini file has the following:

include_path = ".;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php\..\include_lib;C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php\PEAR"

I don't understand how the php and php5 directories are being used. I'm attempting to develop a php5 application and would assume I should use the php5 directory.

I can't find a DB.php or MAIL.php file anywhere.

I previously had trouble getting HTML_Template_IT to work, but finally fixed it by running "pear.bat install HTML_Template_IT". I would think that in order for this package to work, the Core packages would have to be installed, but they don't seem to work for me.

I would appreciate any guidance on this.

THANKS!!!
Veteran

Hi Stupid,

Sorry Schagane, I simply could not resist -- you said we should call you Stupid Very Happy

You should start off by determining which php.ini is in use. To do this create a page that does phpinfo(). Then check the output for the location of php.ini.

Knowing which php.ini is being used, you can determine the location of you PEAR directory. That directory should have a Mail and DB sub-directory if "pear.bat install Mail" and "pear.bat install DB" did their jobs.

I hope this helps Wink

Thanks for the reply Anno!

I will have to check on that when I get home tonight.

So, are you saying that I have to install each package seperately using the "pear.bat install"?

What is the go-pear.bat supposed to do? I thought it should have installed the base packages.

Thanks!!
Veteran

Yes, you need to use "pear install xxxx" to install any PEAR modules you want to use. The go-pear script merely sets up PHP to use PEAR, e.g. modifies the include_path in your php.ini, but it does not install any modules per se. You would thus run go-pear once, and "pear install xxxx", "pear uninstall xxxx" or "pear upgrade xxxx" as needed Wink

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Now I get it!
[resolved] PEAR Installation