NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
localhost not appearing correctly

This isn't really a NuSphere problem exactly...

In running PHP5 on Windows Vista, this works:

http://localhost:8080/file:/C:/inetpub/wwwroot/phpinfo.php

and the echo(phpinfo()); within displays properly.

If I go to the same file by way of:

http://localhost/phpinfo.php

I get a blank page.

PHP5, Running under IIS, Windows Vista Ultimate.

So I know PHP is working on my machine, but for some reason localhost isn't displaying what I would expect it to. I had this all worked out when I had XP, and I recently had to wipe and decided to go to Vista... and now I cannot remember how I got this working before (not to mention that I can't freakin find anything in Vista... lol)

Any help would be very much appreciated! I know it's probably something freakishly simple, but I've been messing with IIS all morning now and I just can't figure it out.

Thank you!

Should note that html appears fine in the localhost directory. It's only php that isn't showing up.
Site Admin

Quote:
This isn't really a NuSphere problem exactly

this is not NuSphere problem at all.
If you open forum.nusphere.com and see different web site than in www.nusphere.com, although they are on the same host and running by exactly same webserver, doesn't it make sense just because you're using different host names? .
In your case you're running even different web servers. Their ports are 80 and 8080 respectively. Most probably the 1st one is Apache or IIS, while the latter one is probably SRV.

No, no.. you're right. I was just saying that the 8080 port for the internal server for NuSphere works, so this illustrates that my Nusphere php installation is working. So it's a problem in the communication between IIS and PHP.

I had just hoped that since we had so many knowledgeable people on here that someone would be able to tell me what the problem with my IIS setup is.

Things I've already tried:
  • Added C:\Program Files\nusphere\phped\php5\php5isapi.dll as an ISAPI filter in IIS.
  • Added the .php and .php5 MIME types
  • Under the properties of both the wwwroot and the php directories I've given the user IIS_IUSRS[COMPNAME] full security access to read/write/execute
  • Added %SystemRoot%\nusphere\phped\php5 to the Environment Variables under Windows System setup

Going to http://localhost/textfile.txt would work fine.. text, html, etc show up fine under the localhost directory. But php doesn't run. (However because php works within the NuSphere environment, I know that it isn't a php installation or ini problem.... that was really my point with that.)

Thanks for taking the time to read this! It'll make my life so much easier if I can get this working properly!
Site Admin

I do not recommend to use php5isapi.dll at all. But if you need it, please follow official instructions listed on php.net site.
What I'd recommend is FastCGI module for IIS. It's a pretty simple thing and works stable:
http://www.iis.net/fastcgi
it works with IIS v5.0 and higher