NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Help configuring Top publishing directory and'Remote root

I am trying to use the debugger for the first time but I'm having problems when running it, I am given the error message below.
'Make sure that "Top publishing diretory" and "Root URL" are correct in the project settings'.

I created a file containing phpinfo() and in the ouput it displays _SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] = '/home/fhlinux141/w/ <MYURL> /user/htdocs/info.php'

Therefore I entered '/home/fhlinux141/w/ <MYURL> /user/htdocs/' as the 'Top publishing directory' and 'Remote root directory'.

When I login to the FTP I have to go to '/ <MYURL> /htdocs/' to upload files to the root.

Given those details could someone please tell me what I should be entering for 'Top publishing directory' and 'Remote root directory'.

Many Thanks
Site Admin

it's as simple as below:
-let's imagine you have index.php file in the ROOT of the project
-now please find this file on the remote file system (it's how Apache sees it). This path on the remote file system should be entered as Remote Root.
-now try to open this file using publishing account you created in PhpED. This path from the publishing account root is what you have to enter in the Publishing Root (or just / if it matches project root).

In other words, all three ROOTs (including project ROOT), should represent the same directory tree (although they may be located on different machines).

Thanks for that, I managed to get past that stage now however it fails to start the debug session. The website is on shared hosting and I can't edit the php.ini file. Below are a couple of debug extracts I noticed from phpinfo(), does this mean I can't use the debugger?

'Configure Command' contains '--disable-debug'
'Debug Build' = 'no'

Thanks again.
Site Admin

Quote:
I can't edit the php.ini

so you can't load debugger.
In this case you may want to debug on your local machine or find another hosting.