NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] mySQL client does not support authentication etc

I hav ethis problem and I've read the post in the FAQ which states:

It means that you have to install appropriate mysql library and mysql for php extension. Without them you can't connect to mysql database server version 4 or higher as they use different authentication protocol.

It aslo states that such are bundeled with php5 etc.

Sorry for this, but could somebody tell me how to install the lib's that are mentioned above.

I'm guessing that it involves replacing a or two dll's and maybe some changes to the php.ini file. As I'm not sure and my PhpED is running perfectly I don't really want to mess around with stuff I don't undertsand at this time.

Regards.

Jonathan.
View user's profileFind all posts by Jonathan_ParkerSend private messageVisit poster's website

I forgot to add that I get the upgrade libmySQL.dll to 4. + when attempting to connect to a database on a remote server via the DB Client pannel within the PhpED IDE.
View user's profileFind all posts by Jonathan_ParkerSend private messageVisit poster's website

RESOLVED this I think: I went into my Zend 5.5 install dir (Now changed & happier with PhpED) copied the libmysql.dll from there into the phped dir & now my remote DB connection is working fine.

Just thought that I'd put this here for those who may experience the same problem.

P.S. The remote DB functionality and tools are far better in PhpED than Zend 5.5 or 6.0 (Neon).

Regards.

Jonathan
[resolved] mySQL client does not support authentication etc