NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
cvs.exe: checkout - cannot find module '<name>' - igno

Hello,

I'm new to CVS and I'm having a hard time piecing together the information in the phpEd manual, CVS documentation and this forum to solve my problem.

I've just created a repository and I have context menu items available for my projects. However, when I attempt a CVS Checkout (which I believe is the next thing I have to do?) I get the error message:
Quote:
cvs.exe: checkout - cannot find module '<module>' - ignored

I usually keep all my work on an external hard drive and I initially set up the repository there, in an attempt to solve this problem I moved it back to the installation drive but it hasn't made any difference.

I've also tried changing the value of Module in the CVS tab of the Project properties from a name that was simply short and recognisable, to the exact name the project has in my Workspace, to 'httpdocs' (which is what it was by default when I first had access to the CVS tab.

While I'm asking questions... can anyone tell me how to use the Terminal tab to connect to a server set up on the same machine? I've set up a new SSH connection but...
Code:
'the machine actively refused it'

Sarah
Site Admin

Quote:
when I attempt a CVS Checkout (which I believe is the next thing I have to do?)

It depends what you've already done. Did you create the module in the repository? Basicly you have to do the following:
-create repository
-add directory with files to the CVS repository
-remove all local copies that are added to CVS
-run checkout

after that you'll do your development and time after time you'll need to run update and in case if repository is changed from another place, you'll have to run checkout.

regarding CVS repositories in-general: you can't move local files and directories. you can't rename the files and directories that are under CVS control. you can't rename the files and directories in the repository. you can't move the files in the repository. you can't put repository onto a removable drive (at least it won't work if you attach the drive under a different letter)

Quote:
While I'm asking questions... can anyone tell me how to use the Terminal tab to connect to a server set up on the same machine? I've set up a new SSH connection but... 'the machine actively refused it'

to connect to something you need an existing counterpart. Make sure that you run an ssh daemon Smile It's what SSH client will connect to.