NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] new user to the whole experience :)

I first "tried" phped as a trial way back when a few years ago when I was trying to learn php. I put it aside because the set up of the project never got off the ground. Now here I am finally back from my side track and distractions to try to pick it up again from where I left off. And guess what? I still can't get it working on my PC!

I'm trying to configure WAMP with phped so I can debug on my Windows XP system locally. I installed the Debugger and followed the wizard to the letter but I get an error saying that the Remote Root Dir and Root URL are incorrect in my project settings when I try to run a file in my root directory.

WAMP installs to C:\wamp\www\all_my_web_files_here
My Apache DocumentRoot is "c:/wamp/www/" (that's right from my httpd.conf file)

I read a post here in the forums that the remote root directory should be /var/www..., but my PC is running Windows and not Linux file system. I tried the slashes in the path as both "/" and "\"

I hope someone can offer some help. Crying or Very sad

I attached my output of the DBG script and a screen of my project settings. I've tried many different things in the project settings so I give up unless someone spots something!
Also, not sure why the system adds an extra backslash to the DocumentRoot below??

Please don't point me to the url - http://www.nusphere.com/kb/technicalfaq/howto_set_project_mapping.htm?3
I did not find it helpful in my case.

Quote:

What did I find out about your system

I assume that you placed me in the directory of your main php script and on your PhpED machine pointed your browser to me - like this: <URL of your web site>/dbg-wizard.php

I see that:

* PHP Version: 5.2.5
* Web Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Win32) PHP/5.2.5
* Server Name: localhost
* Your Client IP Address: 127.0.0.1
* Your Server IP Address: 127.0.0.1
* Port: 80
* Your Web Server is on the same machine with PhpED
* Path to website files: C:\wamp\www\
* Document Root is: C:\wamp\www\\
* Your PHP.INI file is C:\wamp\bin\apache\apache2.2.6\bin\php.ini
* PHP extensions directory is c:\wamp\bin\php\php5.2.5\ext\
* DBG (PHP DEBUGGER) Version 3.2.10 is INSTALLED

How to setup your PhpED Project Properties

I can suggest the following settings for your Project to debug PHP scripts on Server localhost :
You can create new Project by selecting File->New Project or by selecting New Project in the Workspace Pop up Menu
In the Project Properties Dialog set:

* Project -> Root Directory: C:\wamp\www\
* Mapping -> Run Mode: HTTP Mode (3-rd party WEB server)
* Mapping -> Remote URL: http://localhost/
* Mapping -> Remote Root Directory: C:\wamp\www\ , same as Project -> Root Directory.

Re: new user to the whole experience :)
Guru master

upforair wrote:
I read a post here in the forums that the remote root directory should be /var/www..., but my PC is running Windows and not Linux file system. I tried the slashes in the path as both "/" and "\"

Err... /var/www is the default location of the web directory on a number of linux distributions and was given as an example.
The "remote root directory" needs to be the physical directory of the web files on the machine running the webserver.
As your apache is running on the same machine as phped this needs to be the physical directory of the web-files on your PC.
So in your case the "remote" directory (which isn't actually remote here) is "C:\wamp\www\" (or "C:/wamp/www/")
I personally prefer the forward slashes for consistency with *nix Smile

Hope that helps and that you get it to work.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks, but I had already tried playing with the slashes Sad

Any other suggestions I can try?

Thanks again
Site Admin

Quote:
but I get an error saying that the Remote Root Dir and Root URL are incorrect in my project settings when I try to run a file in my root directory.

Would you please post a screenshot of the error box displayed?

Also phped is running VERY sluggish. Not to the point where it was "Not Responding" but pretty close. My pointer was an hour glass more than an arrow when I was clicking around the interface.

Here you go...

Windows XP
IE6
FF 2.0

FWIW ---

I have an app that requires users to install Apache/MySQL/PHP. I created a custom config of Xampp. Eight mouse clicks and viola! -- instant server. Even my most computer illterate users do not have a problem. If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll send you that way. It's free, so.......

Yeah that's the type of software I use (WAMP - http://www.wampserver.com/en/) and it's easy as pie to install like you said. Bada-bing it's done and up and running perfectly!
[resolved] new user to the whole experience :)