NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Default Project Directory

Is there any way to change the default project directory? Each time I create a new project it defaults to the installation path which is "F:\Apps\phpED\projects\project1.ppj" I would like to change that to "F:\Data\phpED\projects\project1.ppj" but cannot find a way to do that.

Thanks

Mark

I think I figured it out myself. There is a registry key located at HKCU\SoftwareNuSphere\PhpED5.0\Home that is initially empty. I changed that to "F:\Data\phpED" and then reloaded PhpED and found all my configuration settings were lost but the default project location was now F:\Data\phpED\Projects. I copied my config directory to F:\Data\phpED and restarted PhpED and all is well.

Unless I am missing something this seems like the way to do this.

- Mark

I just tried it on the latest build 5029 and I can confirm that it works here as well. I've asked the same question here a while ago and was answered by dmitri that it couldn't be changed, so I never bothered to look on.

Since PhpED also moves the config files there automatically this is an added bonus for me, as my projects are on a shared folder on my laptop. Now I can take the most recent configuration with me at all times, which is great Smile

Thanks a lot for looking into it!
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Default Project Directory