NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger modules and execstack

Hi all,
I have spent at least few hours trying to get the debugger working but I am loosing my patients now.

I have installed apache-2.2.3 + php-5.1.6 on Centos5.
I used dbg-wizard.php and did exactly what it says, i.e. I placed dbg.so-5.1.x module in /usr/lib/php/modules directory (I made it executable and readable for all). I changed the php.ini file (I add extension=dbg.so-5.1.x line and all proper definitions in [debugger] section.
I restarted server.

Neither phpinfo() nor dbg-wizard shows that debugger was installed. The dbg-wizard keep saying that the debugger is not installed.
There is no error message in httpd logs (error_log).

Curious enough, the same procedure made on following platform: Contes4.4 + apache-2.0.52 + php-5.1.6 + dbg.so-5.1.x worked fine.
PS. The degugger's version is 3.1.6

Please help!

Edited:
I have just noticed that I'm getting some php error (php_error.log).
It states:
PHP Warning: PHP startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/dbg.so-5.1.x' - /usr/lib/php/modules/dbg.so-5.1.x; cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: Permission denied in Unknown on line 0.

Anybody knows what does it mean?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

OK
I have found some solution.

The problem is because the compilers never set the attribute whether the dynamic module requires stack or not. If it is not set, os assumes that it will require stack and thus linux complains permission denied.
So you can manually set stack requirement attribute of each dynamic modules and make it run. If there is any other dynamic module that is loaded by this module, they also need to be set to not require stack.

You may do this by typing:
execstack -c /usr/lib/php/modules/dbg.so-5.1.x
Debugger modules and execstack