NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[not replicated] Horizontal scrolling problem

When the cursor is on an extended line of text that causes the horizontal scrollbar to scroll to the right, and you then use your mouse to scroll the scrollbar to the left to view the beginning of the line without moving the cursor (so the cursor is now off-screen), quite often the scrollbar jumps back to the right after a few seconds, without any action from the mouse or keyboard. I'm using 5023 on Win2000, but I noticed this problem before, I think from the first release of 5.0.
View user's profileFind all posts by pointySend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Site Admin

I don't see any problems with horizontal scroller.
Can you replicate the problem consistently?

[quote="dmitri"]I don't see any problems with horizontal scroller.
Can you replicate the problem consistently?[/quote]

Was my previous post removed?

The problem occurs both right-to-left and left-to-right. I can't replicate the problem consistently but it is still occuring. I will try to find a pattern and see if I can find a way to replicate the problem reliably.
View user's profileFind all posts by pointySend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger

hi, i have the same `problem´ sometimes.

Try this to replicate:

Code:

<?
$tmp = "YYYYYYYYYYYY ... YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY";

$tmp2 = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX";
?>

1. Extend the $tmp-var so far that it breaks the ide-window and the scrollbar appears.
2. Mark and copy (CRTL+C) the "YYYY...YYY" part.
3. Paste it at the and of the $tmp2-var. (...XXXXXX"."YYYYYYYYY...)

- the auto-slide mechanism will track you to the end of the $tmp2 line. If you drag the slider back to the left - one second later the scroll-position jumps back to the end of the line.

- in my case i cant reproduce this behaviour every time - i think it has to do with the correct timing of the paste- and scroll- action... Wink

Otto

Otto, I recognise your action sequence as being one of the cases where the problem occurs. I'm sure it also happens sometimes when not copy-pasting. Could it have something to do with the size of the file? The file I've been working on most in the last while is more than 20000 lines and bigger than 1MB. The only reason I ask is that it seems hardly anyone else is having this problem, so there must be some unusual condition.
Site Admin

Otto,
Thanks for your help/
BTW do you have collapsed (folded) code blocks above or below those lines?

hi dmitri,

no, just the code above in one small file...

otto
[not replicated] Horizontal scrolling problem