NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Features missing

Hi everyone,

I am used to editplus but unfortunately it have left behind featurewise so I had to move on. PHPed is my next step considering features and speed however I miss some features:
- shortcut to duplicate line;
- column select (ALT + drag)
- multiline autocorrection
- option to disable the toggle brakepoint and if off, click on line number would select the line
- tripple click to select line

Are anu of these implemented and I don't know about them or is there any plan of implementing them?

Thanks and I appreciate the work.

Duplicate line can already be done by pressing CTRL-D

Fred
Site Admin

Quote:

It works fine while wordwrap is off.

Quote:
multiline autocorrection

not sure what you mean

Quote:
option to disable the toggle brakepoint and if off, click on line number would select the line

it's not required. Try to click on the line number and drag mouse up or down without releasing the button.

Quote:
tripple click to select line

triple? why not quadruple? Smile

Triple click because the double-click selects only the word. There seems to be no other way to select a line other than to click, hold, and drag selection. I guess quadruple click will work as well. Rolling Eyes

If you turn on 'Double click line' in the Editor settings, that will select the line.
Veteran

A few points:

- Clicking and dragging from the line number doesn't work so well for selecting lines because of reasons I've cited in other posts.

- Triple-click to select lines would make a great addition, and it's one that's been asked for a number of times. It's frequently found in other editors, and it avoids a time-consuming and RSI-inducing drag operation. And before someone says "use the keyboard!", realize that sometimes the mouse is more efficient and/or just preferred.

- Quadruple-click is actually used in some editors to select entire paragraphs. It's helpful to have on rare occasions and essentially just hangs out harmlessly in the background unless it's needed.

- The double-click to select line feature is completely useless because it kills the correct function of double-click, which is to select a word. Why not just add triple-click line selection? I'm baffled as to why there's so much resistance to this.

- As for multiline autocorrection, I, too, am confused as to what that is. Perhaps it's multi-line search-and-replace, which indeed is a very sorely missed feature.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

fvboegeld wrote:
Duplicate line can already be done by pressing CTRL-D

Fred

Thanks Fred,

can it be changed from the option menu? I didn't find it.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:

It works fine while wordwrap is off.

cool, thanks

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
multiline autocorrection

not sure what you mean

when I write "fori" and press space I want to be able to specify specify an auto correct option to change the "fori" into
"for ($i=1;$i<|; $i++){

}"

but right now I can specify only one line of code for autocorrect.

I kow it can be done with code templates but it is faster if it expands on space and I don't see this feature as hard to implement.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
option to disable the toggle brakepoint and if off, click on line number would select the line

it's not required. Try to click on the line number and drag mouse up or down without releasing the button.

it is cumbersome when you want to do it fast.

dmitri wrote:
Quote:
tripple click to select line

triple? why not quadruple? Smile

I would find it useful and maybe a lot more people too

Thanks for your replies, though.

Lats wrote:
If you turn on 'Double click line' in the Editor settings, that will select the line.

but I want doubleclick to select the word
Features missing