NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
setting/clearing DBG cookies

I'm trying to clear cookies when running in the debug mode. The only way that I can see how to do this is either via Run->Parameters or the Launchbox->Settings menu. However in both places, only GET and POST options are listed.

This is running on Windows and the project mapping's Run Mode = 'HTTP mode (SRV local WEB server)'
Site Admin

I'm not sure why would you need to clear debugger cookies? Elaborate please.

In this case I was trying to simulate a new user coming to the site.
Site Admin

Sorry, I still don't get you Smile
Debugger cookie works transparently. Your scripts should not rely on its presense or absense. Also, I'd add that your application should not rely if there are any other cookies are set that the application did not set. For example if one day you decide to install Urchin, you'll get definitely get more cookies that will be set by this add-on.

Sorry, maybe I didn't communicate clearly. I'm not interested in clearing any cookies that the debugger would set. Rather I am trying to clear cookies set my my own application via the 'setcookie(...)' function in my own script. I guess i should not use the word 'debugger' at all. All i mean is that when using the integrated browser.

Sorry, got the answer. It's just the hidden IE folder @ \Documents and Settions\username\Cookies\
Thanks.
Site Admin

to clear a cookie using php script, you have to issue setcookie once again but with empty value.