NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
auto phpDoc

The really great feature of Zend Studio is phpDoc function -- when you enter /** and hit Enter, the IDE analyzes header of the function below and creates phpDoc block with all the @param and @return syntax, for example:

Code:
function createProduct($pIDProduct, $pIDVariant = 0)
{
  (...)
  return $var;
}

it creates:
Code:

/**
   * Enter description here...
   * @param unknown_type $pIDProduct
   * @param unknown_type $pIDVariant
   * @return unknown
   */

It really speeds up creating the documentation.
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website

I've noticed that in Zend too, very nice feature, this should be implemented in phpEd too Smile.
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

who cares,
with PhpED you can get even more:
http://forum.nusphere.com/script-to-automate-writing-of-set-get-functions-oop-phpdoc-t3192.html

I have tested the script and it's useless for me - it adds some functions (get & set) I don't need at all and I see no reason why it should be added. Also select text & apply is not the way I want to work. Maybe it can be rewritten to match my needs, but this forum is feature request for phpEd, right? In my opinion it should be embedded in the editor, same way as the docBlock is currently created (/** + enter), just extended - with analysis of what's coming next and what are it's params (for functions).
View user's profileFind all posts by NatanielSend private messageVisit poster's website

I agree that auto-creating at least the shell of the comment block would be a very nice addition.

-r
Site Admin

I meant that you can create any text blocks, just need a good script for this.

What is the script for this then? We need auto phpdoc creation not only for classes/functions but for file headers.
auto phpDoc