NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Can you make a screen recording for DBG setting?

Hi guys,

I wonder if you can make a screen recording for how to setup DBG? I do not know if I am alone, but I cannot make it run. It is installed (dbg-wizard and phpinfo both prove it) but I still do not have luck to get it work. (I read this )

I use a router in my home, and my lab's server is a linux box. How shall I setup my router and my lab's firewall? I already set the linux server's firewall to allow outgoing traffic on port 7869, and I have set my router's firewall to allow incoming traffic on port 7869 for all my private IPs (192.168.100-110). I open IE to visit the remote URL, choose "next page", after I click and go to next page, nothing happens; I open the local copy of the remote index page, click the debug button, I got a URL in the embeded browser that is http://[myhost]/index.php?DBGSESSID=392209992198300001;d=1,p=0,c=1
The page just shows one sentense "Invalid URL". I also get an Error windows saying that Failed to Start a debug session. Please make sure the debug module is installed and corresponds to http://[myhost]/index.php (I exactly set project properties as dbg-wizard suggests)

Maybe a screen recording will be very helpful. I sall you guys use Camtasia for product demo. That's great; how about another Camtasia recording? Wink

Thanks
Veteran

Hi Tiger, how do you normallu access your site, what is the URL? Is it 142.x.x.x.x ( I assume that you replaced the real numbers with "x.x.x.") - correct?

yfaktor wrote:
Hi Tiger, how do you normallu access your site, what is the URL? Is it 142.x.x.x.x ( I assume that you replaced the real numbers with "x.x.x.") - correct?

yes. The server does not have domain name, just IP address.
Site Admin

does phpinfo show that debugger is installed?

dmitri wrote:
does phpinfo show that debugger is installed?

Yes

Quote:
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine:
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
with DBG v3.1.11, (C) 2000,2007, by Dmitri Dmitrienko
with Zend Extension Manager v1.2.0, Copyright (c) 2003-2007, by Zend Technologies
with Zend Debugger v5.2.3, Copyright (c) 1999-2006, by Zend Technologies
Site Admin

You may not have two or more debuggers. Only one will work Smile, probably last loaded will get the best chances.

Any update? I sent email and message re this issue.
Can you make a screen recording for DBG setting?