NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Excluding Folders Smart Download

Hi,

i'm testing nusphere and I'm verry happy so far.

I have one problem:
I have a project with HUUUUGE amount of images on the server (about 16k) and i like to receive the project with the Smart Download function.
But I dont need the Images Wink

How can I get all php and HTML Files without the images???

THX, pixelmeister
Site Admin

not a big deal. Right click on the directory in the workspace window, select properties and enter appropriate file extensions into the Publishing filter.

Hello dmitri,

thanks for your answer.

I have added a few folders to the don't publish directories field an it works.
But it didn't exclude files by typing in file-extensions like: .jpg;.gif;.log

Is there an other field for that?

Anyway I could exclude the directory with the 16k images Wink And that was the important Point for now.

Thanks a lot. I really like Nusphere and when I get the Debugging on enxternal Server up and running i will buy it.

Cu, pixelmeister
Site Admin

I meant you need file masks there, not only extensions.
So .jpg should be *.jpg

Thanks again that worked Smile
Problem again

Hello,
i tried this with a new project and have the same problems with downloading imagefiles again.

Here is a screenshot of my project setup:

But when I click on "Smart Download" ist loads gif and jpg files also.
What am i doing wrong?

Thanks for help,

pixelmeister
Site Admin

These are file extensions but you entered them into "directories". That's not correct. Please click on the button next to Publishing Directory input and update settings in the dialog.

dmitri wrote:
not a big deal. Right click on the directory in the workspace window, select properties and enter appropriate file extensions into the Publishing filter.

I want to exclude *.sql; *.gz files from being published. I tried like you described it (see attached picture). But the files "slsys_klautern.sql" and "slsys_klautern.sql.gz" are uploaded everytime I smart sync (upload) the folder "administration". What am I doing wrong?

Site Admin

would you please submit the screenshot with window where you added the extensions to be filtered out?

It is on the screenshot already, isn't it? Publishing filter -> Disallow files(masks): *.sql;*.gz
Site Admin

oh! i didn't see that image as it wasn't displayed and thought I'd ask for it first Smile

according the the screenshot:
-there is one non-related problem: you may not have something like http:// blah blah blah as remote directory. It must be remote file system path, something like /var/www/htdosc/administration. Please check the project properties.

-filter is applied for just one directory (and possibly for the directories below it). Please try to upload this directory alone and check if any gz files are picked Smile

dmitri wrote:
oh! i didn't see that image as it wasn't displayed and thought I'd ask for it first Smile

according the the screenshot:
-there is one non-related problem: you may not have something like http:// blah blah blah as remote directory. It must be remote file system path, something like /var/www/htdosc/administration. Please check the project properties.

Ok, I fixed it.

-filter is applied for just one directory (and possibly for the directories below it). Please try to upload this directory alone and check if any gz files are picked Smile

I did nothing but smart sync (upload) this directory ("administration") alone, but the disallowed files are picked.
Excluding Folders Smart Download