NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Debugger and Find In Files

Hi,

I've just upgraded to version 4.6.3.4633, but now when I start the debugger, it attachs to the browser for the first session, but when I try to submit the page again, phpEd seems to have lost it's connection to the browser so no debugging session happens.

Could you tell me what I need to do to be able to continue the debugging sessions from one page submission to the next?

Debbie

P.S. The new version still prints out 'File is a picture/binary, skipped' when doing Find in Files. Could you tell me when this will be fixed as it is producing far too many unnecessary lines in the log. I mean, why should we care that it has skipped a picture file when all we are doing is a text search?
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Dear Debbie,

Please check your firewall.

regarding FindInFiles messages, please do not leave FileMasks input empty in FindInFiles dialog. You may want to have there something like *.html;*.php;*.js

Hi dmitri,

I have zonealarm, but what should I check for?

Thank you so much for the filemasks suggestion. That's been bugging me for a looong time. I can't believe I hadn't spotted it before. :-\

Debbie
View user's profileFind all posts by Debbie-LeighSend private messageVisit poster's website
phpEd - Debugger doesn't work

Hi dmitri,

I'm still having a problem with the debugger losing it's connection. Could you suggest any things that may be causing it?

Debbie

dmitri wrote:
Dear Debbie,

Please check your firewall.

regarding FindInFiles messages, please do not leave FileMasks input empty in FindInFiles dialog. You may want to have there something like *.html;*.php;*.js

Hello Dmitri,

I have the same problem with Find in Files. I think that setting the file mask is a temporary workaround for these reasons:

1) When dealing with large project, I find that I do not always know all of the type of files I wish to search. So this becomes impractical when dealing with a project that has a varied type of files that is added to the project by other developers in cvs or svn, etc.

2) The binary messages warnings also come when a perfectly valid text file such as *.php or *.html contains some binary character. In the case of my php files, the binary character gave a "Transliteration" log type. I suppose this can be filtered...but this should not have to be. I would only be interested in "Transliteration" if the file this occurred in also matches my search criteria.

Basically, I feel the output of the find in files is not "user friendly". It should contain only positive results, it should not have any output that does not satisfy the criteria, regardless if there was binary data in the file. Perhaps a better thing would be to have a checkbox in the Find In Files dialog box that is enabled by default that would supress results if they do not actually contain the text that is being searched.

Agree Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website
Debugger and Find In Files