NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Live Preview

Is there any chance that we will see a live preview option in phped in the future? In case you don't know what I am referring to, consider homesite. It allowes you to split the normal editor into two panes, one pane is the editor the other is a brower. And any changes made in the editor are instantly reflected in the brower. This is perfect for folkes such as myself who spend a considerable amount of time coding and doing html layout, i.e., hybrid code/html. It benefits in that we don't have to keep pressing the run button and then wait for the window to change to the new brower window where the code renders. And it is annoying to have to keep switching back and forth between windows for every single edit. So cutting out having to push the button every time and switch windows every time would be a big time saver and less of a distraction.

Well in anycase that is a feature I would like to see added to phped.

Thanks,
Jeff

I do not need such feauture, because it's resource hungry thing, also, while editing html and didn't finished some tag, your whole preview goes to ass... Smile

It's not necessary feauture, use instead multiple monitors and use Opera with refresh time, and thats will be your "live preview" Smile.

Bye Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website

thunder-ltu wrote:
I do not need such feauture, because it's resource hungry thing, also, while editing html and didn't finished some tag, your whole preview goes to ass... Smile

It's not necessary feauture, use instead multiple monitors and use Opera with refresh time, and thats will be your "live preview" Smile.

Bye Smile

Howdy thunder, thx for your suggestion. But as far as your objections, there are ways around them. First on the resource hungry, it can just be made optional so that folks who have a faster machine can turn it on, while folks who have a slower one can turn it off. Next regarding the preview, well that for me is an extremely small matter. If the preview for some reason is bad due to html, then that is exactly what we should want because we have an instant debug message to tell us we need to fix it rather than us keep writing only to find out that it is broken when we finally run it and now that we are several lines past the mistake we have to track down our html to figure out what happened. At least when it is instant you know where you made the mistake. Likewise this is extremely useful when you are using php inline inside your html or html printed by php.

BTW The last I tried opera, I found it didnt support various things the same as IE or NS. In short why would I want to test with Opera since I dont design for it and it will possibly show the content differently than the browsers I do design for? I havent used it in awhile for that reason, perhaps they have it on par with IE or NS? If not then for me it defeats the purpose to use it for debugging.

Jeff
Live Preview