NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
What to backup.
Veteran

Hi.

I am about to setup a backup system on my computer.
What should I remenber to backup ?

Where is the user settings for PHPed saved, how can I backup these.

Kind Regards

Henrik

The whole settings of phpEd's are located in Windows registry, I have exported from registry mine settings, and successfully using as a backup. Still such feauture should be implemented, because there is no normal settings backup and restore feauture implemented.

If you want to backup your phpEd's settings from registry, use: Win + R -> type 'regedit' -> in registry tree view open HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software -> NuSphere -> PhpED4.x. Select this folder in tree view, press right mouse button to open contextual menu and choose 'Export', save this file to your safe location. Next time, when you (re)install phpEd, after setup, double click this exported registry file, and you'll get most of this IDE settings back Smile (including phpEd's serial number).

Cheers Smile
View user's profileFind all posts by thunder-ltuSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Thank you.

Then it should be possible to create a plugin for Genie-Soft backup manager to backup that registry..
Site Admin

not only registry but all cfg files in phped's directory or the one pointed by HOME in the phped's registry branch should be backed up too.