NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Remote Debugging setup

Thanks for your new wizard!

I noticed it said that Server side DBG module was not installed. Is this necessary?

I am running my site at a third party hosting company. I'm guessing that they aren't going to be too keen about installing this.

Barry
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Smile
that wizard is for testing if your development server (whatever) is ready for debugging and what project properties would be for working with this server.
It is not intended for live servers where you aren't going to debug php (if you aren't going to).

dmitri wrote:
Smile
that wizard is for testing if your development server (whatever) is ready for debugging and what project properties would be for working with this server.
It is not intended for live servers where you aren't going to debug php (if you aren't going to).
I think I understand. That script aside, is it possible to do remote debugging of my production server if I can't change the server configuration of the server (i.e. its a commercial hosting site)? It sounds like the answer is no, I can't. Is that so?
View user's profileFind all posts by bchertovSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

You may ask your hosting provider to install debugger module, make it disabled by default in php.ini and enabled for the virtual host(s) where you want to debug your script.