NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
"code externally modified, view comparison?"

It would be very useful to have an opportunity to view a file comparison of files when they are reported to have been externally modified. Staring at a dialog box "Yes" or "No" with no extra info is a little disconcerting when returning to a project weeks after last visiting.

Dreamweaver does this by magically allowing external file comparisons. I use Beyond Compare by Scootersoftware and would like to use it here as well.
Site Admin

Quote:
when they are reported to have been modified... when returning to a project weeks after last visiting

I'm not sure what you mean. Is it file modified comparing to a source control repository is what you're talking about?

I have not yet used phped against a cvs.

I am referring to an open file system: the file is open in PHPEd, and over time, I maybe hopped in and edited the file by vi or another editor as a quick fix one day. Upon return to phped, I am prompted with something like "File was externally modifed. Do you wish to reload? (Y/N)". Rather than having to immediately respond to just that question, I would like to see Y/N/Compare, and clicking Compare could launch an external file diff's utility of choice.

thanks
"code externally modified, view comparison?"