NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
[resolved] DBG module and listener work, but no session

I installed the DBG module on my remote server and tested it with telnet. The symbol appeared in the DBG Listener task tray and the listener log said:

72.22.83.142 client connected
2/16/2007 1:52:41 PM 72.22.83.142 client disconnected

I cannot start up any PhpED debug session, IE debug session, or FireFox session.

PhpED times out and says "Failed to start debug session" and nothing else useful.

IE debug says nothing and does nothing.

FireFox PHPDebugger says:

DBG
Failed to start debug session
reason:
client host address [elleh.com] lookup failed

Is this message from the DBG module at the server or PHPDebugger on my client?

I don't see how elleh.com could fail to lookup anywhere. It resolves fine.

What setting has elleh.com? I'll try changing it to an IP but I don't know where it comes from.

I tried changing the clienthost field in PHPDebugger but that change didn't effect the error message. What is a clienthost anyway? In the world I come from a computer is either a client or a host.

As you can tell, I am new at this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
View user's profileFind all posts by mchahnSend private messageVisit poster's website

I finally found on the web that the word "clienthost" is used by debug to look up the client address. I entered "clienthost" in the firefox PhpDebugger and now it works like IE, giving no indication of anything.

The I noticed this started appearing in the listener log:

72.22.83.142, an old debugger module is connected, please upgrade to 3.1 or compatible

I googled 3.1 and found out that it came with my PhpED. The documentation for installing the module mentions nothing about where to get it. I got mine from a site on the web I googled. Now I am going to try to find it in my PhpED release, wherever the heck that is. I really feel the docs should be fixed to tell you this.
View user's profileFind all posts by mchahnSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

Quote:
The documentation for installing the module mentions nothing about where to get it.

phped\debuger\server
directory contains all the modules for various platforms and php versions.