NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Upload file(s) function??

PHPEd 4.6.2 (Build 4632)

There is a function in the Editor to Upload file(s). ie the file will be uploaded to a previously setup FTP account. This works just perfectly with the current file.

Since the menu prompt actually says 'Upload file(s)', I am assuming that somehow or other you can indeed upload more than one file at a time. If so, how is this done?

It would be great if all the currently modified files are uploaded...at the moment I have to go to each file and manually upload each one individually.

I have done a bit more homework on this 'problem'.

If I use 'Upload Project(s)', all of the modified files are uploaded (which is what I want). Unfortunately you get a confirmation dialog asking to Save each file first. Which of course you want to do - so it is rather annoying.

I have not tried saving more than one project, but I suspect that the same problem might exist as with files. ie the '(s)' might be a misnomer.
Site Admin

If you want IDE to save your files automatically, you'd check Tools->Settings->IDE Settings->Auto save files.

Regarding "plural" form of File(s), it's supported for Workspace window where you can select multiple files or directories or projects.

No - what I really want is to Upload ALL files that have changed. Not all the time - but I would like the option to do so. It looked like this function would do that, but it does not.

Perhaps we could add this to a 'wish list'?
Veteran

Wouldn't Smart Upload solve your problem then?

yfaktor wrote:
Wouldn't Smart Upload solve your problem then?

No - not really. There are problems with Syncing files on the Internet, as I am sure you are aware. I do not trust the system, I guess.

It is way overkill in any case. The modified files already marked in the editor as being modified - I do not want to upload any other files other than the ones I have just been working on. I do not want my whole project to be scanned to perform a sync.
Site Admin

you may want to turn on Auto Upload and select File->SaveAll whenever you need to upload changed files.