NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
4.6.3 IDE with 4.6.2 IDE's debugger
Veteran

Glad to see the release of 4.6.3. I noticed in the release notes that it also includes a new version of the debugger. Is it a problem if I update my IDE but don't update the server-side debugger just yet? Upgrading my IDE isn't a big deal, but upgrading servers needs to be planned with some care.

Thanks.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

Has anyone out there tried this, or otherwise have any feedback? I'm anxious to upgrade to the new version, but I need to know whether it will work with currently deployed debugger servers.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

You should be fine
Site Admin

3.1.9 contains a minor fix. Say you have a function call in Watch and this function becomes available when corresponding script gets included. Before that it's not available. If you start stepping through your code while the function is not avialable, debugger (Watch window) will show you "function not available" but in some I'd say rare situations it may stop debug session and/or crash apache. It's what was there all the time since dbg 1.2, but fixed only in 3.1.9. If you think you can live with this problem, you can keep using 3.1.8, otherwise, update to 3.1.9.