NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Option to open/close windows with Workspace activation
Veteran

When I right-click a project in the Workspaces tab, I'd like two activation options instead of the current one (though probably with different names):

- Activate, Replacing Windows
- Activate, Ignoring Windows

Alternatively, let me hold down a modifier that changes the Activate feature to Activate Replacing Windows.

Basically, the second command corresponds to the current Activate command, while the first command would close all the windows from the current project and re-open all the windows that were last opened when the project being activated was last active. Bonus points if full state is preserved - e.g., where the files where scrolled to and what text was selected.

What I'm looking for is a way to switch projects and get right into the new project without having to first close all the windows associated with a different project and then reopen all the windows I want open for the new project. Related, it'd also be great if I could open multiple projects in multiple windows and have everything work as far as debugging, etc.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website
Option to open/close windows with Workspace activation