NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Protocol field error after upgrading from 4.6.1 to 4.6.2

I upgraded from working 4.6.1 by downloading the update patch and running it. the install completed fine to the previously installed directory, found by the installer.

After install finished, I directly ran Phped -> The program IDE opens but I get a fatal error dialog stating "Protocol field empty".

Clicking the modal dialog "OK" ( the only option) or closing the dialog (X) both cause imediate termination of the IDE.

Any help appreciated.

Tom Smiley
Site Admin

Does it happen when you open a particular project? Please try to open IDE without any projects and check what projects or what actions lead to the problem.

It happens as soon as the program opens, no chance to access anything, it's a modal dialog box in front of ghosted IDE in background, no option except "OK" which terminates the process.

I installed thiis over previous version with apache running. I have restored the previous version.

Any thoughts.

Thanks for the reply
Site Admin

Most probably one of the projects in your workspace has wrong or mistyped URL and it caused the problem during IDE startup.
We'll fix it in build 4633.