NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
SVN support

Is there any plan to add SVN support to PhpED, i know you can do stuff with CVS but i use SVN?
Re: SVN support
Veteran

basire wrote:
Is there any plan to add SVN support to PhpED, i know you can do stuff with CVS but i use SVN?

If you install TortoiseSVN, PhpED will integrate it into the Workspaces tab. The icons will all be badged appropriately, and you can use the Shell contextual menu to do commits, updates, etc. (Hint: control-right-click on a file to go directly to the shell menu, instead of just to the top-level contextual menu you get when you right-click.)

Be aware, though, that you won't see anything about SVN when you create a new project - just the usual CVS bits.
View user's profileFind all posts by bobwilliamsSend private messageVisit poster's website

Thanks, that works for me, just what i was looking for.

I've installed TortoiseSVN as well as the SVN CLI and I don't see the "badged" menu items in the shell context menu; however, when I go through explorer and view the folder, I see what I expect, and when I right click, it shows the SVN commands.

Did I do something wrong? I installed TortoiseSVN before NuSphere; however, I had to reinstall TortoiseSVN which happened after NuSphere was installed.
View user's profileFind all posts by bpat1434Send private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Guru master

I'm assuming I'm just stating the obvious here, but there is a difference between the PhpED popup menu for a file and the actual shell context menu.
To get the shell menu, go via either "Shell Menu"-entry in the file popup menu or press Control before you right click on the file. Does that solve your problem?
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

You were stating the obvious, and yes, in the Shell menu (either the sub-menu or ctrl+right-click) I get no SVN entries in the menu.
View user's profileFind all posts by bpat1434Send private messageAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
Guru master

Okay okay... sorry! I just had to say it you know, it's easy to miss something like that Smile

And err... strange! Even for files that aren't in SVN, I still get the TortoiseSVN popup menu entry:

As far as I know PHPEd copies the entire shell menu for the file 1:1, I never had to change any options to have it. Perhaps reinstalling Tortoise?
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website

After uninstalling TortoiseSVN 1.4.4 (I had two copies), restarting, installing TortoiseSVN 1.4.5, restarting, and then opening NuSphere, I still see not SVN menu in the shell... but using Windows explorer, I do.

Perhaps this is an issue of me using the 64-bit version of Tortoise as opposed to the 32-bit version.
Veteran

Code:
And err... strange! Even for files that aren't in SVN, I still get the TortoiseSVN popup menu entry
The popup menu actually makes sense to me. For your example screenshot, you can browse your SVN Repository. If you right-click a file that resides in a folder that is already linked to a SVN repository but the file itself is not, then the popup menu will give you other relevant options like adding the file to the repository. I see no problem with this behaviour of TortoiseSVN Wink

Well thanks for the comments, but that was not the point of the story at all. Of course it only shows the repos link for a non-CVS file... I was merely showing that even for these files there should be TortoiseSVN entries in the shell menu. You should really read the rest of the posts first before you reply Smile
I don't have a problem with Tortoise, bpat1434 has.

@bpat1434: Thanks for the extra bit of information, that was the missing part. If I recall correctly, installing the 64bit version of TortoiseSVN will only enable it for the 64bit applications on your PC. If you want the shell menu in 32bit apps, you'll need to install the 32bit version alongside. Hope that helps!
Veteran

Blizz wrote:
You should really read the rest of the posts first before you reply
OK, I will go sit in the corner and keep my opinion to myself Crying or Very sad

Hmm... okay, I'll install the 32-bit version now then... see if that helps Wink
SVN support