NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
directory mapping in "Project Properties"

I created a workspace and project using the trial PhpED version, it included some mapping entries to reference script libraries outside the website directory tree.

I followed the instructions I found on the nusphere web site and was able to pull this off without a hitch.

So I decided to purchase the standard version of PhpED. I installed it and opened the project I created with the trial version and everything still works great.

But then I noticed that the mapping tab under "Project Properties" which had been there in the trial version is gone in the standard version.

I double checked my server setting and confirmed that it is set to 3rd Party Server, still no mapping tab...

I tried creating a new project from scratch, still no Mapping Tab!

So what gives? Why no Mapping Tab? Is this not available in the standard version?

Any insight here will be appreciated,

Andrew
Site Admin

Right. Standard edition works with local servers only, it will not debug on remote ones and no mapping is supported.

Thanks Dimitri,
However, I'm not interested in remote debugging, I'm interested in debugging scripts locally for projects in which some scripts reside in library directories outside the web root. Seems like it one thing shouldn't necessarily imply the other.
Andrew
Site Admin

Then you may want to use run mode -> HTTP/local SRV server. In this case mapping is not required and all files are considered local and will be found in their places.