NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Evaluating and wanting to get two things running.

I'm doign the evaluation so please shoot me if I just have gone blind but...

Two things I'm looking for,

1) Setting large multi line POST variables. using what I can find in the eval, I can only set a variable to a single line input. (Which in the script I'm testign will fail Smile

2) How to get the local SRV or cgi talking to Oracle? We're a heavy oracle house and if it's going to die every time we hit a Oracle command...

Thank you.

Neale Wolfson
Monash University
Australia
Guru master

Quote:
1) Setting large multi line POST variables. using what I can find in the eval, I can only set a variable to a single line input. (Which in the script I'm testign will fail

Just an idea, but couldn't you try a \n or something? Not sure if it would work...

Quote:
2) How to get the local SRV or cgi talking to Oracle? We're a heavy oracle house and if it's going to die every time we hit a Oracle command...

It's actually not a SRV problem but more a PHP configuration one. The session dieing every time usually means you don't have the oracle module loaded in php.
I think the local SRV uses the PHP installed in the PhpED\php or PhpED\php5 directory. The oracle modules are included for both versions but not enabled by default. Checkout this FAQ on how to do it and don't forget to restart the SRV afterwards to activate the changes. I think that will solve your issues.
View user's profileFind all posts by BlizzSend private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

thewolf, for large posts containing huge data you may create a dedicated html page and run debugger using Debugger Toolbar or the other techniques listed on FAQ forum.

Regarding dropped oracle sessions, that's right and it's what is expected to be in case of CGI handlers. You may want to install Apache+PHP where php will run as module, not as CGI process and it will support persistent logins. Take a look at NuSphere Tech Platform, it comes with pre-configured Apache+PHP+php debugger modules.