NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Think Twice

Hullo all, I've just registered so that I can post here where I hope that the forum admin do not object as this is not a technical question.

My post is simple and a praise for NuSphere. I have downloaded both Zend and NuSpere evaluation editors. I am not a php whiz kid but hope to learn all about it with a view to using it later, so perhaps one could say I'm a student. It is unfortunate that at the moment I do not have the $300 for either Zend or NuSpere. However, here is my point, I have been offered 40 percent discount on the Zend product, so food for thought. I like the Zend editor more in some ways and in particular code completion and hints. Having said this, code completion is just a part of these editors. NuSphere, to my mind is a superior editor but what really turns my head is the fact of after sales and here I think that anyone who has not yet purchased either of these products should take note.

At the time of writing here, 71 guest were logged onto the Zend forum and only 5 guests at this site plus 2 members. This is a huge difference. Which forum might be the best. Would you think Zend with such activity. If you did, you would be wrong. If you go into the Zend forum, you will see many, many questions by users of their product. If you look close at the date and times of postings and note the date and time of any response, you will note that almost no effort is being made by the Zend company to help in user questions. In the case of this forum, dmitri it seems in really on the ball, so much so that it almost appears to be his very own business.

So why have I posted here. The reason is simple. Even though I can't afford phpED at the moment, I should like others to read this and take note of a very important part of software and that is the attention and dedication of a company for its customer after a sale has been made. If you have been offered a discount by Zend, please do think twice and read questions in this and the Zend forums and base you decision to purchase on user satisfaction and not cost alone.

Signed

A future customer of phpED.

AJ
Site Admin

Hi AJ,
Thanks for your kind words.
I just like my job Smile

A few comments if you allow:
Quote:
At the time of writing here, 71 guest were logged onto the Zend forum and only 5 guests at this site plus 2 members

I think their forum logs all different requests for some amount of time and do not start sessions for all non-logged in accounts. PhpBB driving this board, starts sessions and therefore can count different guests and its statistics is clearer.
Hey, I can easily show you 160guests. Do you want to see this? It even would not be a fake! Smile I just turn off sessions for non-logged acc and you'll see difference.

After all, what actually makes difference is number of posts a day and as you noticed amount of time taken for response and quality of the response too. But surely, I'm not the one who is going to advertize there. Your words are sufficient to make sure we run this forum good enough. Thanks.

Regarding price of the product, yet I can't make much enfluence but I believe there is always space for talks. Did you try to contact sales?
After all, we offer "Standard" version which is quite affordable. Especially if you are going to develop commercial products. Many developers told us that IDE pays for itself in a dozen days, easily.

Finally, if you can't pay at all but do like the product very much, why not to become beta-tester and get it for free? Contact me through contactus form (http://shop.nusphere.com/contact_us/) and I'll explain you our conditions.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Many thanks for the reply and suggestion dmitri. I have done that today.

AJ
Think Twice