NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Long Feature Request List

Hello,
Here are some usability type features I’d really love to see in phped. I am coming from Homesite, so several of them are things I enjoyed from that application. Either way, I just purchased phped so I in my opinion it is the best.

Color Picker
I would really love a beefed up color picker that shows the hex code, and with multiple palettes such as named colors and grayscales. Picture is from homesite

Extended Find and Find/Replace
PLEASE support newline searching. And beyond that, I love how homesite's "Find All" functionality brings up all results in a Log type window at the bottom. For searching through a large number of results this is incredibly helpful.

FTP – Open multiple documents
When working off FTP the only way to open documents (that I see) is to double click one. If "Open" could be added to the context menu so multiple documents could be opened by CTRL+Click or SHIFT+Click then right click & Open, that would be great.

FTP – Save New Document
When working off FTP, if I want to save a new document, it opens to the last open local location, such as the last open Workspace directory. It would be nice if it opened to the last open location, which at that moment happens to be the directory over FTP.

Spell Checker
Please!

Undo/Redo
Mouse clicking is counted as an undo/redo event. If I click around the code, then CTRL+Z it counts each of those cursor movements. On top of that, it seems to count each click as two events, so if I were to click around 5 times it would take 10 undos to get through.

Undo/Redo List
A list of undo/redo actions, like in Office would be really helpful.

HTML Entities Picker
Similar to the color picker, a little box for picking HTML Entities would be great.

Clipboard Pane
A way to save and access all clipboard content like in Office.

Workspace View like Explorer View
If I could view Workspace in a split pane, like Explorer with the directories on the top and files on the bottom I would love it. I want to see the modification time and file size. I suppose if there were an option so you could view it one way or the other, that would be nice.

New File – Text File
When creating a new file, it would be nice to have type Text File just for simple stuff, so no color coding, syntax verification, etc.

Explorer View – Drag Drop
How about being able to drag files to other applications such as dragging picture files into Photoshop, right from the Explorer pane.

Thanks!
View user's profileFind all posts by ftwinnovationsSend private messageMSN Messenger
Long Feature Request List