NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
DB Forms Wizard Giving Output Wrong

I have been using the DB Forms Wizard and the output has been correct. Now, suddently, I am getting erratic behavior output such as the follow. Please advise:

<? /* Misc MySQL utils to use with PHPEd generated scripts */ function isConnectionAvailable() { return(function_exists('mysql_connect')); } function ensureConnectionAvailable() { if (isConnectionAvailable()) { return(true); } else { die("Please enable MySQL extension !"); } } function dbconnect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass, $dbname) { mysql_connect($dbhost, $dbuser, $dbpass) or die(mysql_error()); mysql_select_db($dbname) or die(mysql_error()); } function dbquery($sql){ return mysql_query($sql); } function dbnext($res){ return mysql_fetch_array($res); } function str2date($str){ global $site; ereg('([0-9]{1,2})[./-]([0-9]{1,2})[./-]([0-9]{3,4})', $str, $arr); if($site['sdate']=='mdy') return "$arr[3]-$arr[1]-$arr[2]"; if($site['sdate']=='dmy') return "$arr[3]-$arr[2]-$arr[1]"; if($site['sdate']=='ymd') return "$arr[1]-$arr[2]-$arr[3]"; } function date2Str($date){ global $site; $d = split(' ', $date); $y = split('-', $d[0]); if($site['sdate']=='mdy') return "$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[2]$site[dsep]$y[0]"; elseif($site['sdate']=='dmy') return "$y[2]$site[dsep]$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[0]"; elseif($site['sdate']=='ymd') return "$y[0]$site[dsep]$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[2]"; } function datetime2Str($date){ global $site; $d = split(' ', $date); $y = split('-', $d[0]); if($site['sdate']=='mdy') return "$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[2]$site[dsep]$y[0] $d[1]"; elseif($site['sdate']=='dmy') return "$y[2]$site[dsep]$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[0] $d[1]"; elseif($site['sdate']=='ymd') return "$y[0]$site[dsep]$y[1]$site[dsep]$y[2] $d[1]"; } function WriteCombo($vals, $name, $selected){ $res = "\n"; while(list($val, $opt)=each($vals)){ $res .= "<option value='$val'". (($val==$selected)?' selected':''). ">$opt\n"; } $res .= "\n"; return $res; } function WriteLookupArray($valname, $titlename, $table){ global $db; $ret = array(); $reslt=dbquery("select $valname, $titlename from $table"); while($row=dbnext($reslt)){ $ret[$row[0]] = $row[1]; } return $ret; } function WriteLookupCombo($name, $valname, $titlename, $table, $selected){ return WriteCombo(WriteLookupArray($valname, $titlename, $table), $name, $selected); } function toGlobals($row) { while(list($f, $v)=each($row)){ if(!is_int($f)){ $GLOBALS[$f] = $v; } } }
Site Admin

What version/build number are you using?
I'd recommend you to install 4620.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Response to Problems with Forms Wizards

I am not sure what you mean by "What version/build number are you using? I'd recommend you to install 4620." Could you explain that further in greater detail as I am a newbie here.

Just a few days ago, my trial Nusphere stopped and I made a purchase. My Forms Wizard was working, and I just noticed that it started to run all the type together as shown. But, it was working. Don't know if the purchased Nusphere caused the problem. I ran an HTML form thru that worked before without any problems, so I know it's not the form.

I did remap for http//localhost and starting having some issues with debugger, but that was fixed. I just can't think of any reason why this all started except maybe something to do with the trial version vs. the purchased version.

Please advise further.
Site Admin

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "What version/build number are you using? I'd recommend you to install 4620." Could you explain that further in greater detail as I am a newbie here

I'm not quite sure what should be explained there. Once you purchased, you have an account and can downloaded the most recent update available.
4613 was originally released on Jun 13 and since that we released some updates, you can see the history on this board:
viewforum.php?f=2

Quote:
I did remap for http//localhost and starting having some issues with debugger, but that was fixed. I just can't think of any reason why this all started except maybe something to do with the trial version vs. the purchased version.

I'm not sure why you're mixing different things and compare apples to oranges. Commerial vesion has no difference to trial other than advertized and in particular DB Form Wizard generates exactly the same code in them. What might changed is build number. Some weeks left since you downloaded trial version and it might happen that purchased version/build number is different than what you tried.
Again, I believe there is nothing to discuss. Please download the most recent and let know if it works for you. If not, just contact support and they will fix it and provide you with this fix in hours or may be a few days if the problem is not trivial.

Regarding "I did remap for http//localhost and starting having some issues with debugger, but that was fixed", who did fix it? If you misconfigured the system and then adjusted settings, I'm not sure why you're posting it there Smile, if there was anything wrong with IDE, please tell me so. I did not know that there are any problems with mapping and still believe so.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Response to Who Fixed

I will look at the download as you requested.

The tech person I have been working with at Nusphere is Yury. He works in another dept. than those who support the forum. He has (in the past) reviewed my config files, and I have worked closely with him and have done everything he has told me to do, plus I would send him HTML of phpinfo and php.ini text file

Thank you for your assistance with this matter.
4620 Build download appears not to be working

I went to the 4620 page (URL) you indicated and tried to do a download, but did not see any pop-up window nor other indicators. You were instructing me to go there and update, but I can't get it to work.

No firewall issues appeared so I assume the link on your site is not setup for download.

Please advise further. I just made my purchase of Nusphere about a week ago, so I downloaded what was given to me after I paid with my credit card.

Thank you.
Re: 4620 Build download appears not to be working

jmaloney wrote:
I went to the 4620 page (URL) you indicated and tried to do a download, but ...

Please read again the registration details you received after purchase. Anyhow, here you go:
* on www.nusphere.com click on the top-left corner "Member Login"
* on the next page enter below "Authorization" (right side) your details that Nusphere sent you after purchase and click "Login"
* on the next page in the left-side "My Nusphere" you should see "My Updates", click that, too
* after that the download link should appear for you

Occasionally the links may not work the first time you click it, so you'd need to click "Back" in your browser and try again.

Hope this helps,
Tobias
View user's profileFind all posts by condev1972Send private messageVisit poster's website
Thank You Tobias!

Dear Tobias:

I will check out what you stated for me to do and will report back in the next couple of days or so. I am in the middle of getting a project off the ground and under a time crunch, but will report back.

Thank you very much for your kindness and assistance with matter.

Regards,

Jan
DB Forms Wizard Giving Output Wrong