NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
scrollbar positioning?

hi,

in case this question is answered somewhere, i apologize. i searched without success for info on it.

and now - the question. Smile compared with phpEd 3.x, i'm wondering why the scrollbar has been moved away from the edge of the app window? good GUI usability has always suggested scrollbars should be 0 pixels away from the app's edge so that when maximized, a mouse thrown to the edge can always engage the scrollbar -- effectively making the size of the control much larger.

now that they are positioned away from the app's edge, maybe 10 px or more, it takes a good deal more time and concentration to position correctly upon it and use it.

i was just curious as to the thinking behind why you've made an easy-to-use control much harder to use?

thanks

profhojo

Hello,

I first had the same thought, but actually that extra "bar" on the right side of the editor is quite a special feature:
this bar will indicate with red areas any error locations in your file in case the "Error Analysis" (usually running
automatically - Tools|Settings|IDE|Code Insight|Instant error analysis" - but also available by menu Tools / Ctrl+Alt+V).
In case you see any of the red spots, move your mouse over it or click it to directly go to that location in your editor. Smile

However, I couldn't find a way to drag it to the left border of the editor yet.

Cheers,
Tobias
View user's profileFind all posts by condev1972Send private messageVisit poster's website
Site Admin

this "bar" is known as "Error Navigator" Smile and can be turned off in View menu
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

frickin' awesome! Cool
scrollbar positioning?