NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Locks and colors

I bought the latest version (4.16) of PhpED this week. Looks great, but I have two questions:
  • The help page for the terminal settings says: "Choose font, size and color settings for terminal connection windows.". I can choose my font but didn't find a way to change background and character colors...
  • It looks like the debugger locks up files when active. I test my site using IE and I get PHP errors that it cannot access files that are included at several places. When I shut down PhpED, the files become available again.

Any suggestions? Thanks..
Site Admin

Quote:
change background and character colors

Probably only "default" background and character colors could be ever changed as the application you run may establish its own colors so it does.
Probably, we'll add ablity to change defaults in the next version, meanwhile only monochrome vs colored mode can be set.

Quote:
It looks like the debugger locks up files when active

No. Debugger does not lock anything up.
Try to comment out all the other extensions you have in php.ini and check the results.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I was used to working with PuTTY, which allows me to define a light, in stead of a black background color, which I hate. So I expected the same from the built-in terminal in PhpED. I would be glad to see this option in a next version. Laughing

For the debugger locking files:

I noted something related: I cannot start the debugger anymore. It generates an error message
Code:
SRV Server:

Document Contains no data.

and a popup saying:

Code:
Failed to start debug session (error:1)
Please verify settings for the local debugger module

which I did, but I cannot find any special settings there that could explain the error.

I tried running the debugger on a simple PHP-file and get the same debugger error...

So something is wrong in the debugger settings, but what?
Site Admin

What did you do to get this?
Probably something wrong with php in phped's directory.
Please run phpinfo and check if debugger is installed. If not, install it.
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

I reinstalled PhpEd and noticed that, during install, patchee.exe ends with an error, generating a log entry:
Code:
Faulting application patchee.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.2945, fault address 0x00012a5b.

Reinstalling also did not remove the errors that I reported in the beginning of this thread.

I also found error messages from the debugger in the log:
Code:
Faulting application dbglis~1.exe, version 3.1.6.0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x67892000.

Quote:
Please run phpinfo and check if debugger is installed. If not, install it.
Searching for 'debug' in phpinfo (using SRV) shows two entries:
Code:
Debug Build  no 
report_zend_debug On On
Site Admin

Quote:
faulting module unknown

It looks funny Smile
"It's faulted but what faulted is not known" Smile
Great so far Smile

Quote:
faulting module kernel32.dll

This is unbeatable too Smile

Does anything work on your machine at all?

I'd highly recommend you to check your machine both hardware and software and for viruses in particular. Reintalling OS and all the software may help too.

I have a faint idea that maybe the installation of IE7 beta Evil or Very Mad may have messed things up. I deinstalled it because it was hanging up my PC. It was replaced by the old IE6 during deinstall.

So I should pray Shocked that the deinstall removed the old IE7 garbage completely...

I'll let you know when I find out...

Thanks anyway!
Site Admin

You're right... it might be IE7 beta.
To me crashes in kernel32.dll is not a good sign....
BTW, why don't you start with Windows Update to just see what it offers to update?
Recently MS fixed some big vulnerabilities and perhaps they are re-installing kernel32 as well.
Locks and colors