NuSphere Forums Forum Index
NuSphere Forums
Reply to topic
Access violation when closing PhpED 4.6

PhpED 4.6 (build 4618) crashes occasionally when I simply close it (using Alt-F4 or the window close button at the upper right of the window).
The error dialog that appears says:

Quote:
Unrecoverable Error:
Access violation at address 003EA511 in module 'phped.exe'. Read of address 00000000.
IDE will be closed.

I experienced this problem several times (on an otherwise stable system), but there are also many times when I end PhpED without any problems.
Unfortunatelly I cannot see any pattern in this behaviour so far which could help to narrow down the problem.
Veteran

I faced a similar problem just once. I was just scrolling down a php script when it appeared:

The phpED crash dump was submitted.

And the bug pointed in A component named miSATM_SCR_defroot_Item1 already exists continue to happen, but I couldn't find any pattern to replicate it.
Site Admin

DigiLog,
First of all, thanks for the report,
but before posting error report, it would be nice if you make sure that you're running the most recent version.
For more than a week 4619 is publicly available while you're reporting problems in 4618.

Regarding the crash you mentioned, we are aware of it. It happens when debug session is not finished and you're closing the IDE.
It's fixed in 4621 and this version will be published a week later. Meanwhile, as a workaround, please click Stop button before leaving the IDE.

HoTShoT,
Thanks for your reports too.
Could you please submit or send me the file that caused the crash?
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website

Hello Dmitri,

thanks for your reply. I was not aware, that my version is not current. Will check that in the future before posting.

Keep up the good work. We love it!
Veteran

ddmitrie wrote:
HoTShoT, Thanks for your reports too. Could you please submit or send me the file that caused the crash?

I've already submitted it through the phpED interface and inserted a link in it to this topic. I'm using build 4619.
Site Admin

without the sorce file caused the problem, it makes much less sense
View user's profileFind all posts by dmitriSend private messageVisit poster's website
Veteran

OK, I got it now. You want the php source file I was editing. I'll send it by mail.
Access violation when closing PhpED 4.6